Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baby Libra

While having dinner with a friend the other night, and gushing about how great of a baby Mila is, I realized that she is a lot like Robert personality wise: mellow, laid back, calm.  And then I realized that they both have the same horoscope sign, Libra, and thought that must have something to do with it so, of course, I had to look it up.


Here are some of the highlights:

  • Plump with sweet expressions, it's hard not to notice the beauty of these babies (yay!)
  • They don't like to make decisions.  Just don't give them too many choices at once and you'll be fine.
  • Venus rules Libra and as such, demands beauty. They need soft music and mellow homes.
  • Libra children are intelligent and love to debate.  So expect arguments about anything and everything. (oh great...)
  • Libra will happily follow rules, as long as she's decided those rules are not crazy (phew)
  • Libra doesn't like hearing gossip or hasty judgments of character, so if you don't like her friends, you'd better have valid reasons to back it up.
  • Naps are common as are weeks of burning the midnight oil, followed by weeks of rising at noon.  This pattern is how Libra functions best, so don't chastise them for waiting until the last-minute to do their term papers (I'm going to have a hard time with this one!)
  • Be careful not to over-indulge your Libra child.  They don't need discipline as much as they need less coddling.  Make meals pleasant and balanced and watch out for a sweet tooth.
  • Expect lots of puppy love and dramatic best friendships.  Girls will love fine clothes and jewels (uh oh daddy!) and both sexes love to be surrounded by creature comforts.

Of course, I know it's all to be taken with a grain of salt, but I find this stuff interesting and I like how the sites offer "parenting advice" based on each sign; I'm definitely not above any type of help I can get!

On another topic, if you do any kind of shopping, you really need the Red Laser app.  You can put any item in it that you are shopping for and it will show you the cheapest price, both online and locally.  That's super helpful if you want to find the cheapest deal or if you want to use the "price match" option at your favorite store; sometimes the online price is cheaper than the store price even if it's the same company.  For example, I was at Babies R Us yesterday buying a gift for a friend, I knew Babies R Us price matched so I put the item in the Red Laser to see what I could find. At the Babies R Us store the product was $47.99; online it was $35.99...the same store had a $12 price difference! So I took my phone to the register, showed it to them and they price matched for me.  What a deal! And it's not just on baby stuff, it's on EVERYTHING. Try it out; I seriously use it every day.

(really, I knew this is what you were waiting for)

No comments:

Post a Comment