Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 2016

March was a jam packed month at the Rodriguez house, we had plenty going on and lots of fun doing it.  Since Mila spent the night with Kira in February when I was out of town, in March we had Kira over for a sleepover while her parents went to a wedding.  I am so happy that Mila and Kira have remained such good friends, they really are the cutest together and they have so much fun.





Mila is really starting to grow in good, and bad, ways.  She will "read" books to us by looking at the pictures and explaining what is happening, usually from memory from reading it so many times.  She has also started telling little fibs; one morning Tori gave her a piece of candy before school and I told her she couldn't eat it. When I wasn't paying attention she went to throw something away and I knew it was the wrapper; I asked her if she ate the candy and she said no.  I asked where it was and she said, "In my bag;"  I had her open her mouth and there it was!  Thankfully it's still about small things like that but I can only image what is in store for us in the future!


It doesn't rain often in Southern California but Mila had been begging to go jump in the puddles so when it finally DID rain we had to take advantage and let her go crazy.



This month Mila also had her first birthday party sleepover at Kayleigh's house.  She spends so much time with the Charlands that I wasn't really worried about her being homesick but I did wonder how it would go, especially since a 45min drive one way would make for a very long middle of the night pick up if needed!  Mila was so excited to go and meet new friends and play with the birthday girl; she had a blast.


The week before Spring Break at preschool is Spirit Week.  Unfortunately Mila got sick with a stomach bug for the first half of the week and had to stay home but she didn't miss the pancake breakfast on St. Patrick's Day!


I feel like we are about 2 years late on the Frozen bandwagon but Mila is officially OBSESSED.  We DVR'd the movie and she's only allowed to watch it on the weekends and she watches it at least once a day and spends the rest of the time asking for me to play Let It Go on my phone.  She loves to sing along with this, and all, songs now and it's so cute.


Nellie, our little daredevil, never has a dull moment.  She's always on the go and doing things she probably shouldn't be doing....like climbing up to the top of the swingset.  We've pretty much given up on trying to stop her because she is the most determined kid and won't stop until she gets what she wants.


She is communicating so much now but not necessarily with individual words, but actual sentences (that sometimes you have to try hard to understand).  She will point at things and say "what's that?" She is also saying wow, grandma, grandpa, nana, papa and we think she said Roscoe once.


Nellie gets SO frustrated when she wants to do something and can't (i.e. get a lid on a cup, get the toy stroller out the back door, etc) and throws such a fit and then two seconds later, once she figures it out, she's all smiles.  It's so funny seeing someone so small freak out about something.



She still loves all things music and loves to dance.  She is really good about playing by herself and loves to look at pictures, mostly of Robert, and say "daaaadaaa" as she walks around the house.


Erin, Bret and Willam came in town this month to visit and we had a great time!  We didn't actually do a lot (other than going to the KU game watch!) but it was nice just spending time together with our family and catching up.


I got so many baby snuggles and was reminded at how great, and how much work, it is to have a baby around.  I was happy to be able to help them with William and he spent most of his nights here in our room and when he would wake I would bring him to Erin to nurse and then she would bring him back to sleep.  She said it was the best sleep she had gotten since she had William so I felt so happy!


The girls LOVED having him around, especially Mila, who would just sit right next to him and look at all of his little fingers and toes and tell Aunt Sissy how much she loved him. It was so sweet.


Nellie showed her love to William through chokeholds, friendly slaps and smothering and would get increasingly upset the more I held William.


It was so fun being able to see the three of them together, though. They are going to be such great cousins and I can't wait to get them all together again.



We bought Mila CandyLand a couple weeks ago and she has had a blast playing it.  I didn't remember how easy of a game it was and she loves looking at the colors (and the candy) and asks to play it every chance she get.  I think it's good that it teaches her how to wait her turn and how to handle losing.






Coincidently the same time the Browns were in town, Bryan, Shawna, Johnny and Tyla were in town too!  It was so great to see them and to get even MORE baby snuggles!




Easter came so early this year it's amazing that we even had a chance to decorate.  The girls had so much fun with all of the decorations, it's so fun to see the holidays through their excited little eyes.



Mila did great with dying the Easter eggs but Nellie just wanted to play in the water vinegar. And then would try to eat it.  And then get mad at tip the cup over, which sent Mila into a frenzy. But somehow we managed to get all 12 eggs dyed and dried.



As we have for the past couple of years we spent Easter in Palmdale and it was so fun seeing Mila with Grandma, Pop and Tio since she doesn't see them as often.  She's such a little lovebug and they are in awe of her.








The Easter Bunny visited grandma and grandpa's house and left some goodies and then we went out to hunt for eggs.  Nellie found one egg, put it in her mouth and then gave up, preferring to play with a giant bouncy ball instead.  Mila had a blast finding all of the eggs, with the ones having treats and money in them being her favorite.


We had planned to take the trailer somewhere for Spring Break but couldn't think of a place to go so we just stayed home and Robert and I each took some days off to spend with the girls.  On Monday Robert took Mila to see Zootopia at the movie theater and she had a great time.  On Tuesday we met up with Mila's friend, Jillian, at this awesome park in Costa Mesa and played and had a picnic.






And then on Wednesday I took both girls to an indoor trampoline park and they had a great time.  It was best for Mila who loved running all over the little kids place, on the trampolines and jumping in the pit.  It was a little more challenging with Nellie because she didn't want to stay in the kids area, instead preferring to go into the dodgeball area.  That little girl!



Another month in the books, time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment