Kira spent the night with us and Nellie enjoyed having both of the girls around to pay attention to her.
Robert spoiled me on Mother's Day, surprising me with chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and gifts. I spent the day relaxing at the house while Robert worked in the yard and the girls played. Our house, including our landscaping, is finally finished and we couldn't be happier with the results.
Mila went to her first, friend-from-school birthday party at a bounce house place and had a great time. I made sure she asked MaKayla, the birthday girl, what SHE wanted to do, which was a little frustrating for Mila but she was a good sport and loved spending time with all of her friends from school.
I didn't expect my birthday to be so celebrated, but it was, and I, once again, realized how blessed I am. The day started off with mimosas, then lunch with the girls, a happy hour in the afternoon and a surprise dinner with Robert that night. I received some many cards, Facebook posts and gifts, you would've thought I was turning 16, not
Later that weekend Robert and I went to L.A. to see Anthony Hamilton, one of our favorite R&B artists. We don't go often enough considering how close we live but I always thinks it's exciting to go "into the city" :)
Mila had her open house at school so we got to see all of the artwork she has been working on all year. It's so cute to see her showing everything off. I was most impressed with all of the friends she had at school, it seems every time we turned around she was saying hello to someone and calling them by name.
We ended the month by taking the RV to the beach for Memorial Day weekend. We all had a blast. Mila went on her first official bike ride, on the boardwalk, falling over twice but getting right back on and finishing the ride. Lots of sand castles were made, drinks were drank, friends visited and tons of laughing passed the time.
Mila seems to have grown a foot this month and is really thinning out. She can see over the countertop and reach most things in the fridge. She's become such a good helper, getting dressed by herself in the mornings, getting milk (out of the fridge) for her and Nellie and can have a better conversation with me than some adults I know! She likes to cuddle on the couch and watch "adult" shows on Discovery channel with us. She loves filling her pockets with rocks, hunting for treasure and playing with her friends. I am still amazed by how conscious she is of other people's feelings and she is so bright; sometimes I forget that she is is only three. She loves singing, counting and drawing pictures of mommy and daddy; she has started playing better by herself, not as much with the tv, will tell stories, read books to herself and asks to sing Nellie her goodnight song. She can sing the Pledge of Allegiance and, as we sit here, she just showed me she can write her name without tracing!!!!!!
Nellie is still as wild and happy as ever and loves to make people laugh; she is fiercely independent and doesn't like being left out. She has started giving (closed mouth) kisses and hugs, sometimes even without asking, and will generally throw a fit if you don't give her what she wants. She has been climbing to the top of the slide on the swingset for some time now but just recently started sliding down all by herself, which is pretty amazing considering the slide is over 5 feet tall! She loves to do anything her sister is doing, loves doggies and her babies. She has started trying to communicate more, starting to sign "more," and "talking" up a storm in gibberish and will get very frustrated if you can't understand what she is trying to tell you.











































No comments:
Post a Comment