We've been making the best of this summer so far! We took the girls on a couple of bike rides at the beach. They do pretty good but then lose their minds if we don't let them out to play in the sand.
We stayed in HB for the 4th of July and took the girls down to the parade as we have been doing the past couple of years. My parents met us there and then came over in the afternoon for a bbq.
Mila went to Vacation Bible School at church and the Friday night prior they had a kick off carnival. The girls had a blast getting their
Robert and I had a staycation at the HB Hyatt one night while my parents watched the girls. It was SO much fun; we definitely need to do it more often.
We closed out the weekend by taking the girls to Mother's Beach for the afternoon.
Nellie is on the verge of a word explosion, I can just feel it. Just in the past week she has started saying stinky (while waving her hand in front of her nose), ow, weeeeeee! (when going down a big hill), trash truck (I swear I heard her say this) and Roscoe (she tells him bye every morning). Her claim to fame lately, though, is saying No while wagging her finger at you. While cute at first, it's just obnoxious now :)
Nellie and I had our first "mommy and Nellie" date, which is hard to believe it took this long. It was fun having her out and about all by herself, although I did have to eat my dinner in a record 15min before she kicked over the table.
She is so determined to do everything that Mila does and gets SO frustrated when she can't. This usually leads to her screaming, kicking, yelling and throwing a fit. We're working on that.....
She definitely marches to the beat of her own drum and is SO independent. She does whatever she wants. I know that we will eventually love and embrace that trait...like she she's 25.
Near the end of the month she developed a rash on her butt and on the front of her legs. After a couple trips to the doctor it was determined that it was shingles.
Because she had the chicken pox vaccination in January a small amount of the chicken pox virus was injected into her body; theoretically this would mean that she could contract to the shingles virus. Although this is very rare (it only happens to 5% of children), Nellie is one of the lucky few!
There's really nothing we can really do to treat it but after a couple days it started looking better (see below). I put tea tree oil on it twice a day and after two days the spots were almost all gone.
She was a trooper throughout most of it and acted normal, although a little more clingy. The worst part of it, though, was that she through up three times, twice on Robert!
Every night before bed we say our prayers and when Nellie was sick Mila said, "I love my mom and I love my dad. I love Nellie, please help her feel better...with almond milk. Thank you for Kira and all my friends at school. Thank you for Lexi and Sophia. Amen." Afterwards I asked her, "almond milk?!" She said "nothing mom!" and rolled over and went to sleep.
Mila has been really enjoying preschool, even making the preschool Instagram page during a bubble assembly.
They do all kinds of fun things every week at preschool, including an on site activity (bubbles, soccer), a weekly field trip (she has gone to the movies and bowling), bounce house/water play and a dress up day every week (hat day, dots/stripes, costume - Doc Stuffins below)
She spent the whole month in swim lessons and she did SO great. She is now a little fish and asks to go swimming all of the time. She would bob on the side of the pool the whole class and can now float on her back and jump in and swim to an instructor or to the side of the pool.
She was exhausted every evening when she got home, though, and would pass out every night.
Mila is saying THE funniest things. I told her that daddy was just going to run into a store really fast and she said, "Daddy can't run because him has older legs."
When she grows up she wants to be supergirl, a doctor or a policeman like daddy <3
At dinner one night no one was talking and she said, "guys, it's too quiet in here."
One time when she was in the car with my parents my dad told my mom that she was the navigator. A couple of minutes later Mila said, "I want to be the alligator!"
The girls got their haircut for the first time in like 8 months (oops) and both did SO good. Mila was going to cut her hair up to her shoulders but once I told her that meant no more Elsa braid she decided to keep it long. Definitely merited the sucker at the end.
I have been working on my french braiding skills and still have a way to go but at least I have a good student to practice on.
Robert, Garret, Nora and I went to see Darius Rucker at Irvine Meadows; it was THE BEST concert ever. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did but he played so many great songs and we had so much fun.
Robert met up with Dusty and Jay for a Angels game.
And Roscoe celebrated his 6th birthday!!
Looking forward to a couple of RV trips coming up next month!






































No comments:
Post a Comment