Friday, March 31, 2017

March 2017

Almost the middle of April but....here's the March recap!  We started off the month with a BANG...both girls ended up with pink eye (right in the middle of spirit week) so a trip to the doctor was in order to get eyedrops fast enough to send Mila back to preschool for Pajama Day, her all time favorite day at preschool so far.




Amy turned 30 at the beginning of the month and we surprised her with a wine tasting party, complete with a sommelier!  It was super fun and nice to celebrate her.



Nellie is such a little tomboy and is ALWAYS a little dirtball when we pick her up from preschool. I have no idea how she gets so much dirtier than all of the other kids but she is just so cute when she runs up with a dirty little smile on her face.



She had such a great Spring picture this year and she absolutely adored the bunny.


Mila is already looking, and sometimes acting, like a teenager, but is enjoying Nellie being older and the two are continuing their pretend play which is so funny to listen to.



Robert receive an award from the City of Cypress for 10 years with the department, which is kind of like an award for us since we met right around then too :)  Hard to believe he's been there for that long!  He's really enjoying his new position with the Department of Homeland Security and it's SO nice having him at home more during the crazy morning/evening times with the girls.


Mila and Nellie were so excited about St. Patrick's Day, but probably not more excited than Mom, who took the day off for March Madness to watch basketball.





We spent most of the month on the party porch watching basketball; I wouldn't want it any other way....well maybe an Elite Eight win by the Jayhawks would have been a better deal.




Purdue and KU ended up playing each other in the Sweet 16, which was super fun for Garret and I, but me the most ;)



Mila is all about being a girly girl and constantly wants her hair done and to put makeup or lip gloss on. She asks me every day if she can take a shower with me, which at first was so great but now I realize I have NO alone time anymore, there's no safe place in the house!!!  I can't believe how quickly she's growing up though, I guess I better take advantage of all this time she wants to spend with me, even if it IS in the shower!


And if you ever for one second thought that the girls didn't have Robert wrapped their fingers, with one little sweet grin they had him letting them paint his toenails in a sparkly glitter color.


Things are going great over here, I can't imagine how we can ever possibly be busier than we are right now but I know that soon we will have to divide and conquer with the two girls, I'm trying to enjoy us all doing everything together as a family.



We ended the month with a call from preschool that Nellie had bit another kid.  Definitely not the call you want to get; we had to have our first ever "family meeting," in the dining room, with Robert banging on the table.  We had previously bought a bar of soap and had Nellie try biting that so she knows what will happen next time if she keeps this up...we will see how that goes!

Next month we are looking forward to: Camping at Crystal Cove for Easter and then going to Kansas to see the family and go to William's dedication!

No comments:

Post a Comment