Wednesday, December 12, 2018

November 2018

Hello November!  Mila started off the month with her first "real" sleepover.  I don't really count her staying at Kira's only because Kerry started watching her when she was seven months old so it wasn't like I had to "vet" the other parents out.  Mila met Juliet at preschool and we have hung out with her parents a number of times and they are pretty great; I think we must be going on two years of hanging out when she finally slept over there.  This is unsustainable!; not sure how we're going to process this in the future without me questioning who has a creepy "uncle" living with them....how in the world did my parents do it?!

Aaaaaanyways, the girls had a great time and they said Mila was a doll.


Mila finished up her AYSO soccer season this month and had a blast with all her friends.


We had her end of the season party and she won the "Tail Without Fail" award and was so proud of her certificate and trophy. 


Her club soccer practices have been going really well too and she's developing into a better player.  She not only loves the sport but also the social aspect of being on the team.  Tryouts are next month so at that time we will need to decide if we're going to make the club commitment or not. 



Mila is doing great in school, scoring 100% on all assignments except one math test where she missed two questions and one week of sight words where she missed one word.  She's really taken to learning how to read and we've been visiting the library much more.  She loves to read every night (for homework), and even for fun, she can read very basic sentences but will follow along in the book when you are reading to her.






I'm not sure how many times I can phrase it differently, but Nellie is still a crazy ball of energy that keeps us on our toes and pulling our hair out.  If nothing else she keeps us laughing with all her crazy, performing antics.


Every season we let both of the girls pick one activity to do for about three months; we've really struggled with her trying to find something to do that SHE loves: she wants to do soccer because Mila does soccer, ballet because Ariah does ballet, monster trucks (?) because Gage doesn't monster trucks....

We always sign her up and then she's not interested in doing it (well, not monster trucks...we haven't tried that yet).  I think she would be so good in some kind of performing arts; however, preschool started offering a dance class at school (what?! An activity during school that I don't have to take her to?? YES PLEASE!) and she's doing that for now. Although I think she only likes it because she gets to wear her ballet slippers at school. And she's already asked me to cancel it, and I emailed the teacher....and then she said she wanted to keep doing it so I had to email the teacher again the next day. What did I tell you? Never a dull moment over here.


Nellie had her Trike A Thon fundraiser at school and had a great time riding with her bff, Ariah.




I spent the first part of November in St. Louis attending a work conference.  It was freezing cold but I was not sad one bit being able to see those beautiful fall colors.


They put us up at the coolest hotel, the St. Louis Union Station, and the architecture was amazing.



Robert did an amazing job holding down the fort at home.  When mom's away, dad takes the girls to get ice cream and do all kinds of other fun things :)


For the first time in many many years (10?) we went home to Kansas for Thanksgiving.  My parents and my sister each bought (their own) house this year and I wanted to check it out; plus we have been spending Christmas in California and it was just time to get home.  The plan was always for the girls and I to go home for a week; flying to Kansas just for the weekend is too hard for the girls so I was really looking for a time to go where we could spend some real time there.  Robert ended up coming out on Tuesday, after a work conference, for part of the trip (which was a huge help on the plane ride home!) and it was just the most perfect amount of time for us to be there: not to long but not too short either.  


The kids had an ABSOLUTE BLAST hanging out together. William is obsessed with Mila, Mila loves being the oldest and trying to take care of the younger two and Nellie loves turning William into her partner in crime and finally having someone to gang up on Mila with. Man, I wish we all lived closer.


We did all kinds of fun things while we were there, stuff I have been dying to take my kids to since I was old enough to want kids to take them to do things like I grew up doing...


Side note: in a surprising turn of events Nellie is some how a die hard Chiefs fan, running around with her Arrowhead-chop arm screaming "Chiefs and Chopper!" and she's fast as work trying to recruit Mila over from the Raiders...sadly, it's only a matter of time before she switches!














What would a weekend for the Rodriguez family be like if we weren't landing at LAX at 9:30am and heading to a birthday party (for Charlie!) at 3pm?  It was nice to be at home and get our taste of the cold but how can you hate coming home to this??




What we are looking forward to next month: daddy is headed to Texas for a guys trip, holiday parties holiday parties holiday parties, Nellie's 4th birthday and CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment