Nellie was looking forward to Valentine's Day for weeks but abruptly stopped talking about it in the days prior because it was a classmates birthday that day and all she could think about was the cupcakes he was bringing in. She picked out Disney Princess Pencil Valentines (that Mom put together...whatever happened to the old folding paper Valentine's???) and was so proud to hand them out to all of her friends in class.
She started a cooking class at school this month and, in typical Nellie fashion, after one class she was ready to be done with it (even though she didn't stop talking about it and when the class would start for the 6 weeks prior); however, the teacher says that she is such a good listener and helper in the class, so that's good to hear.
I find myself cherishing Nellie being the little one because Mila is growing up WAY too fast. She's knee deep in soccer but having a blast. She has a couple of wiggly teeth and is really learning how to read.
Their 100 days of school coincidentally fell on the 100th day of school, as well as another classmates' birthday, so they basically partied all day.
As I said, growing up way too fast:
The school's biggest fundraiser (which I feel like they say about every fundraiser) was Race for Grace, which is basically a jogathaon, but no longer do you get sponsored for the number of laps you run, you just ask for donations, which is super boring.
Mila took third place for the girls and she won a medal, which she was super excited about.
This year both girls got to participate, which was fun for Nellie.
February also marked the second meeting of the Cypress Police Wives Club. We had a much smaller group this month due to the flu but I am glad we are still getting together and I hope it lasts for a long time and people continue to be excited to come. I think it's great for all of us to get together.
I spent President's Day Weekend with Whitney in Minnesota, which was freezing, but not absolutely terrible since you're inside most of the time. I had this trip booked months ago and in the meantime Whitney got engaged so it was a super fun wedding planning weekend. We went wedding dress shopping, and she found her dress, and it was so special to be a part of it.
Speaking of the flu...Robert got super sick right before I left and was advised by the doctor not to be around me or the girls. Thank goodness for Nana and Papa being in town and saving the day; they kept the girls nearly all of the time I was gone. Robert was still pretty sick when I got back on Monday, even after a round of antibiotics. Poor guy!
The girls had a standing sleepover with Kira and Siena on Saturday night, though, so that was nice change of pace for everyone. It's so cute how they all still get along and love playing together. Mila and Kira are at different schools (in different school districts) yet they're still so close and pick up right where they left off every time they see each other. I love having the girls over for sleepovers at our house, it's a foreshadow of what's to come for sure.
Even though he was under the weather, Robert still helped the girls make sweet Welcome Home cards for me; so so great to come home to.
What we're looking forward to next month: March Madness in Vegas!!!, girls are looking forward to spending the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's while we're there; the start of Spring Soccer and all things college basketball.


No comments:
Post a Comment