Nellie started hip hop and, sadly, doesn't love it. She mostly doesn't like when the parents come in and she has to dance in front of them. We made a deal that if she does it when the parent's AREN'T there then she doesn't have to do it when they are. Hopefully the more classes they have the more comfortable she will get.
Mila started another session of basketball, this time with a female coach. She's only had a couple of classes but still loves going. She also started a running club at school on Monday mornings where they run 25 miles between now and May 2nd; then that Saturday she will run the last mile at the OC Marathon.
Around the middle of February I got a text from David, one of the three boys I was a nanny for for five years in Kansas City (he and his twin brother, Sam, were 7 and their brother, Dan, was 9 when I started); he said he was getting his Navy Pilot Wings and was hoping that I could come to the ceremony. How special is that! Robert and I lucked out because my parents were in town so we quickly booked a flight and an Airbnb and we were off!
The girls were in good hands at home and had lots of fun with Nana and Papa.
We were back for a quiet Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend at home and then we were off for a camping trip at Trabuco Canyon. This was a first for us in that it was dry camping (no water, electricity or sewer hookups); I was not interested in going basically until the time we left because I am a "fancy camper" and this was the exact opposite. BUT I was going to be a good sport and try it out...especially because we were camping with three other families, one of which who lived within walking distance of the campground!
The good news is that I made it through and it wasn't too bad! We were lucky that we had some seasoned campers with us and they lent us a generator, which made all of the difference. And we only had to cook breakfast and lunch as we ate out both nights so that made it easier than cooking in the dark.
The area was super pretty and very forest-y; there were lots of camping trails and a stream and playground near by that kept the kids entertained.
I would definitely go back again...who knew I could be rustic?!
What we're looking forward to in February: Chiefs in the Super Bowl, Palm Springs with Nana & Papa and having the Ordemanns (including Baby O!) in town!

No comments:
Post a Comment