Wednesday, May 23, 2012

21 Weeks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: 12.5 pounds (no weight gain this week...wahoo!)
Maternity clothes? Loving leggings and all dresses, maternity and non-maternity
Stretch marks? none
Sleep:  Actually slept really great this week. Except I am having the weirdest dreams. Last night I dreamt I was friends with Kevin Durant and he came to our house for dinner...I don't know even know who that is, just that he's an NBA player!
Best moment this week:  feeling the baby move and getting the results from our blood test and sonogram
Worst moment this week: worst allergy attack in life last Wednesday/Thursday. Thankfully I'm okay now
Miss anything? sitting in the sun, drinking a pear cider.
Movement:  yes! felt her for the first time on 5/17 and then Robert was able to feel her the next day. Since then she's been moving around a little bit each day.
Food cravings: none
Anything making you queasy or sick? not really
Have you started to show yet: sporting a baby bump now, although it's just a fatty stomach when I sit down. I'll just plan on standing for the next five months, no bigs.
Gender prediction: it's a girl!
Labor signs: no...thank goodness!
Belly button in or out? in (Robert thinks it looks like it's going to pop out any day now, though)
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy!
Looking forward to: going to Scottsdale this weekend for our baby moon!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dear Mila,
We had another ultrasound today and the tech was able to get a good look at your mouth and rule out a cleft lip (phew).  She said that I was a dream to scan because everything was so perfect!  Most importantly she re-confirmed that you are a girl :)  She said that you look great and we could see you moving around a lot. You're measuring 21 weeks, 1 day, which is exactly how far a long I am; the tech even called you an over achiever. I like this pattern that we are starting! We were able to get good pictures of you: the main one shows your head on the right with a little bubble you were blowing in the middle of the page; the upper right picture shows you with a little smile; the bottom right picture shows your hand with your thumb out on the far right and looking directly up your nose in the center of the picture. 
We also got the results of the blood test that we took at the last appointment, which I was a little nervous about (don't worry, apparently when you become a mother you worry about everything; I am sure this is only the beginning). There was no need to worry, though, because all of your tests came negative (double phew); you are a perfect, healthy, little dream fetus.  We will do a diabetes test at the next appointment and that will be the last of the tests.
Love,
Mommy

Upcoming Appointments - what can I say, I'm a planner :)
6/20 at 4pm
7/11 at 3:45pm
8/1 at 3:45pm
8/15 at 3:30pm
8/22 at 3:45pm
8/29 at 3:45pm
9/5 at 3:45pm
9/12 at 3:45pm
9/19 at 3:45pm
9/26 at 3:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment