Friday, March 29, 2013
6mo Doctor Appointment
Mila had her 6mo doctor's appointment today and it went great! She weighs 17.3 pounds (72nd percentile) and is 25.5in long (31st percentile). While we were waiting for the doctor to come in Mila was chewing on my finger and there's a tooth in there! You can just barely see the tip of it but it's definitely sharp so you know it's there. Dr. Chacon said that it's a little early for teeth but that's fine that she has them. She likes that she is rolling over, noted the cradle cap is still there a little bit and didn't mention her flat head so it must not be an issue anymore. She said that it's really early that Mila is sitting on her own, so that's awesome.
I asked about a sippy cup (no need to start until 12mo unless I want to), and whether or not I should just feed her one fruit and vegetable each time or feed her until she's full. She said that Mila is chubby, but not overweight, so to feed her until she stops on her own. I also had recently read that 71% of moms report feeding fish to their babies, which I thought was against the "rules." Dr. Chacon said people used to warn about fish and other items (like citrus fruits, strawberries, etc.), saying it could cause allergies, but now they say it's safe to eat everything (except honey and peanut butter) assuming you introduce new items slowly. That's great news because, once I introduce her to meat, I can just throw whatever we're making into the Baby Bullet and she can have it for dinner too.
Mila did good getting her shots and only cried for a second. Now today the schedule is out the window and it's just lots of rest and snugs until we go pick up Nana and Papa at the airport and head home to watch the KU game!
Her next appointment will be at 9 months, where will do a finger poke to check her hemoglobin and then her last shots for a while will be at the 12 month appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

enzo was ready for a sippy cup at like 7 months and we were bottle free at 11 months...our transition was so easy...and I was happy to be dr browns free..those bottles were no fun to clean amd put together...u might test it out..took him a few days but he got it and already has moved on to straw sippy cups...
ReplyDelete