Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy Anniversary!

"A healthy relationship is one where two independent people just make a deal that they will help make the other person the best version of themselves."

Today is Robert and my's third anniversary.  It's hard to believe that six years ago I was looking for jobs in Kansas and planning on moving back as soon as I found one but then Robert and I went on a date and it was all history.

I read on another blog recently that marriage isn't 50/50; it went on to say that, "Sometimes marriage can't be 50/50 because you know when you need to do extra and pick up the slack.  A great marriage fluctuates and sometimes it's 60/40 or 80/20.  You work together as partners to help each other out, even when the other person might not be able to do as much."

I think that this excerpt describes Robert and me so much.  We used to joke with each other about who does more around the house and now, with Mila, but that's not the way to go and I think we realize it now.  The importance of a marriage is taking and giving, especially when your partner needs the opposite.

I am thankful for Robert every day; for always being what I cannot be and picking up my slack when needed.  More often than not people comment on how wonderful of a dad Robert is and how lucky I am that he does so much for Mila and for me.  Don't get me wrong, I am unexplainabley grateful for him and I absolutely know he does much more than 90% of other dads out there but I don't find this surprising because I knew this from the moment I knew I wanted to spend my life with him.  I KNEW he was going to be an amazing, hands-on father who would do anything to make us happy. I KNEW he was going to be an amazing, loving husband whose life centered around his family.  I KNEW I could count on him for anything and all things.  I KNEW all of this because he's the man of my dreams.  He keeps me on my toes, makes me happy and has me laughing and smiling more than I ever have.  He takes care of his girls and loves us more than life.

Happy 3rd anniversary to the love of my life. Syf.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Loved being there for your special day. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete