Thursday, October 9, 2014

29 Weeks - Nellie

Mila was on strike this week

How far along? 29 weeks...the size of a butternut squash!
Total weight gain: 13.4lbs
Maternity clothes? yep....and I am ready for leggings, boots and sweaters.  C'mon California heat wave!
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: it's gotten horrible!  i just can't seem to get comfortable :( and last night I woke up so many times...thinking about soup.  what?!
Best moment this week:  I was unexpectedly off work Tuesday and Wednesday mornings this week and I really loved spending that extra time with Mila
Worst moment this week: I had to get my Tdap (whooping cough) shot and (first ever in my life) flu vaccine on Tuesday.  Man, that Tdap shot rocked my world! My arm has been sore for two days!
Miss anything?  tuna!
Movement: it really stinks having the placenta on the front (especially since this is my last pregnancy) because I feel like I am missing out on lots of kicks.  But it does make me stop and really appreciate the kicks when they do happen
Food cravings: soup, maybe?
Anything making you queasy or sick? nothing really
Labor signs: let's be honest, I didn't even know I was in labor last time with Mila.  That being said, I think I felt a Braxton Hicks contraction this week (but then again, it totally could've been Nellie kicking outward)
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? mostly happy....but watch out for my mood swings! whew!
Looking forward to: nesting! I only have two weekends left until Robert paints the nursery and I am finding myself getting so focused on getting the nursery ready. So excited about that!

For a look back at Week 29 with Mila, click here.

Dear Nellie,

Mama had a rough week last week! I was ready to throw in the towel last Wednesday night (whatever that means!) and I felt like everything was just too much; I worried I was having an anxiety attack.  I'm happy to say that it was definitely just my hormones and I have been feeling much better since then. I know that things will be so different with two little ones around our house but I am so excited to meet you.  I am trying to take one day at a time and I really cherish the moments when I am laying in bed (not sleeping) and I can feel you moving around in there. I wonder what you will look like and hope that you will be laid back like Daddy and Mila and I can't wait to snuggle you in my arms.

Love you so much already.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment