Last Thursday I put Nellie on her stomach for tummy time and the next time I looked over she was on her back; I asked Mila if she pushed her over but she ignored me. Then, on Friday, Aunt Sissy said that she rolled over! And soon after we caught it on tape. I’m sure rolling over before the expected four month mark does not necessarily mean that she will be a rocket scientist but it is pretty impressive for right now! Mostly I am pretty sure she has just figured out a way to get out of tummy time early so we will have to find other ways to work on that! Overall, though, I am super impressed with how strong her neck is, even at such a young age.
Speaking of, Aunt Sissy and Uncle Bret were in town this
past weekend for Nellie’s baptism and we had such a fun time. I can’t think of
anyone that would be greater aunts and uncles to our girls and we are so happy
to have them as their godparents as well. Robert and I were able to go out for a date night while they watched the girls and it was a success on both ends!!!
![]() |
| the jacket papoose! |
![]() |
| he's so cute with her |
![]() |
| Mila, Nellie and Kira |
![]() |
| Life is good. |
Nellie started smiling this month and it just melts your
heart! She has also started mimicking if you stick your tongue out at her,
which is one of Robert’s favorite things to do.
We are still exclusively breastfeeding and that’s going great. I started back to work with a half day last Friday and will now work every Friday until returning full time after Easter. Robert has both girls on Friday and Nellie will take a bottle at home while I pump at work. Starting her schedule last week has made such a difference in her overall demeanor; she is much happier now, maybe because she is older but possibly because she’s well rested now too. I am implementing the same BabyWise schedule as I did with Mila and Nellie fell right into it and is really doing well. The night before my first day back at work she slept through the whole night (9pm-5:30am), which was glorious…but only happened one time. We are at the point now where her grunts and noises are keeping me awake at night and sometimes I grab her and start to feed her, when I think she would probably just settle down on her own.
Even with the new swing I am still having a heck of a time getting her to sleep when not in my arms. Other than that the only other time she is fussy is in the car, where she screams nearly the whole time which makes me lose my mind and wonder if I can just walk everywhere for the next couple of months.
She is much more alert than she has been and is able to
track and follow things with her eyes now, which makes her activity mat much
more exciting.
During our photo shoot with the 2 month sticker Nellie happened to look down and see her toes, all concentration on me was lost and it was so cute watching her try to figure out her toes.
Nellie is our little white baby and couldn't be prettier with her dark hair (that has yet to fall out!) and blue eyes (still blue! fingers crossed!).
We love you Nellie and just can't get enough of you!!!
For all pictures from this month, click here.
We love you Nellie and just can't get enough of you!!!
For all pictures from this month, click here.










No comments:
Post a Comment