Wednesday, September 16, 2015
9 Month Dr. Appt - Nellie
At her 9mo doctor appointment today Nellie weighed in at 18lbs, 12 ounces and is 27.5 inches long. Her growth chart is growing as it should and the doctor said she will likely start thinning out now that she's on the move....although she said that about Mila too!
The only question I had for the doctor (again) was to confirm she doesn't have an ear infection. Nellie is ALWAYS batting at her ears; literally everyone I have left her with from 16 year old babysitters to her grandparents always question if she could have an ear infection. Dr. Brouwer spent some time today doing a thorough ear inspection (which Nellie HATED; I've never heard her scream like that before) and confirmed that some kids just like playing with their ears; she doesn't have an ear infection and there doesn't seem to be a sign that one is developing.
Nellie had two shots (Hep B and the flu) and a finger prick for a hemoglobin test to check her iron levels. She has to go back on October 16th for her second flu shot since she was too young for it last year. Dr. Brouwer said that since this is her first real flu season she's bound to get sick and to try to keep her away from a large exposure of kids (which was quite comical since Mila has been at preschool for three days now and has already come home with a runny snotty nose); bring it on flu season!
The "bad" news from the appointment was the results of the hemoglobin test; apparently Nellie is borderline low in her iron levels. They told me I need to get an iron fortified vitamin for her and increase her iron rich foods (meats, beans, green, leafy vegetables); maybe I SHOULD start making her liver *wink*.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment