Friday, September 18, 2015

Happy 9 Months, Nellie!


9 Month Stats

Weight: 18.12lbs
Length: 27 1/2 in

Eating: you are a little garbage disposal lately!  you will eat anything and everything and just can't get enough.  I stopped making all of your baby food, just not enough time (sorry, my love!), BUT, to be honest, you were over those silly purees anyways.  Lately you have been eating pretty much the same thing as Mila (and sometimes even us!), just cut up into little pieces.  Your favorite seems to be spaghetti sauce and strawberries (not together!) but you've also had (organic) spaghetti o's, taco salad, noodles, cantaloupe and quesadillas (also a favorite).You're also still taking four bottles a day with 28 ounces of milk to make sure you get all those vitamins.

Bedtime: we have found that if we put your down at 6pm or 7pm you still wake up at 6am so we've been trying to get you down earlier, but it doesn't always happen.

Naps: you have your good days and your bad days but overall you are a pretty good nappper. 

Diapers: i just bought you size 3 diapers as the 2's are finally too snug. 

Clothes: it's probably time to pack away your 3-6 month clothes, but your 9 month outfits are still too big.  You're very long but have a skinny little waist so everything fits you much differently than it did Mila.  The one thing that you are always a size up (or really just your regular size) in is sleepers.

Favorites: you love to squeal and crawl around the house.  you think it's so funny to jump in your bed and Mila encourages/joins you, and you love the attention from her.  you are satisfied being anywhere near Mila and love to steal all of her toys but also don't mind when she grabs them back from you.  

Development: you started waving recently and I am pretty sure you said "ma ma" tonight even though you wouldn't say it again when I asked.  At times you will stand on your own for up to 10 seconds but you always end up falling on your bottom.  You are still working on picking up food and putting it in your mouth (and smearing it in your hair) and you still have six teeth but I think you are working on cutting two more top teeth right now.  You love clapping, shrieking and just being loud in general.

Nellie Bell,

Whew! You are such a little bundle of energy.  It was quite a feat trying to get a good picture of your for this month's picture. I don't know what I was thinking starting out in a chair; it worked great until you started moving around!




I think it's safe to say we are finally in the swing of things and you are such a little baby now. You are predictable, happy all of the time and have set your own schedule.  

You are adventurous and love to explore around the house.  It's not unusual for us to ask, "Where's Nell Bell???"  Usually we find you getting into something you're not supposed to, most recently when I found you playing in Roscoe's food bowl and noticed you had three pieces of dog food in your mouth!






I didn't get a picture of it but you have started sleeping folded in half in your crib. I have no idea how it can possibly be comfortable and I wonder if you just fell asleep while sitting and toppled over. 


You have such a fun little personality and are quite the entertainer.  You laugh at anything and everything and love to grunt and growl as your crawl around.




You have started hugging more and when I put your pacifier in your mouth at night you immediately drop your head onto my shoulder, which is so wonderful.  You and Andi are starting to play together and follow each other around the house.  Tori said the two of you "talk" to each other but she has no clue what you're saying.




Love you so much, little goose.

Love,
Mama

















No comments:

Post a Comment