Well, so far 2021 isn't looking much different than 2020 (not sure why we expected it to!).
For my New Year's resolution this year I decided to spend more one-on-one time with each of the girls once a month. I rarely spend time with each of them alone and I think it's important. By default, since I am having one-on-one time with them Robert is too, which is an added bonus! Nellie was first and we went bike riding around the neighborhood and to the park and then came home and made dinner together, just the two of us. I could be imagining it but I think I can already tell a difference in her attitude! For Mila and my first one-on-one date we went to Target, which seems weird but it's exactly what she wanted to do!
Nellie had a big accomplishment this month and is starting to read! I bought some BOB books from Costco over winter break and Nellie was excited to try it out; Nellie reads to me for 20min every night and now Nellie and I go through one of her books twice. She's averaging a new book every week, which is awesome!
California was back on lockdown in January, with pretty much everything closed, including the schools, which reverted to full time distance learning again. We didn't do much but we managed to have some fun.
The girls braved the winter cold for a trip to the beach and even got in the water.
Since the pandemic started last March Robert had quietly been going back to school, online, to complete his Bachelor's degree. He finished up all of his classes in December and received his diploma this month. We're so proud of him, not only for going back after so many years out of school, which is so hard, but for accomplishing it so quickly and dedicating so much time to it.
Good work, babe!!!
What we're looking forward to next month: family trip to Mammoth, a trip to Arizona, hopefully being back in school, at least on a hybrid schedule!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment