Sunday, April 1, 2012

3rd Month Dr. Appt

We had our third month doctor's appointment on Friday.  The doctor told us if she could find a heartbeat at week 13 my chance of a miscarriage dropped to 0%...bring on the heartbeat.  It took her about 30 seconds to find the heartbeat (longest 30 seconds of my life) but it was there and we got to listen to it for awhile, which was nice.

I told her I was getting really bad headaches and that I felt guilty for taking Tylenol but she said there was nothing to feel guilty about and she confirmed the headaches went away after I took the medicine. We also discussed the pain in my lower abdomen that I have been getting when i sneeze, blow my nose, get up too fast, etc. She said this was completely normal, called round ligaments, and it's the ligaments in my stomach stretching when I do various things.

She said in the 4th month we will do some genetic testing to make sure everything is okay with the baby.  This is a simple blood test and an ultrasound at the hospital to make sure everything looks okay. She also said if we want to find out the sex at that time we can!! She gave me the paperwork and I am going to call to make an appointment this week...hopefully on 4/27, the same day as my next OBGYN appointment.  eeeeeeeeee!!

In other news, I had to buy a Snoogle yesterday to help with my sleeping, so pretty much there are three people sleeping in our bed now and Robert has the smallest corner. But it's definitely staying because last night I had one of the best nights of sleep I have had in weeks.

Last night KU beat OSU in the final four game and is going to the championship game...it's a wonder I haven't needed to be checked for high blood pressure this past month.  Rock Chalk Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment