Sunday, July 14, 2013

Roscoe's Big Night

I'm an equal opportunity mom in this family so I must make note of Roscoe's biggest accomplishment to date.  If you've every been over to our house at night (or even during the day) you know there's a possum that drives Roscoe (and both dogs next door) C R A Z Y.  He's constantly jumping up at our kumquat tree and racing around the backyard barking like crazy.

Well tonight is the night that Roscoe showed that possum who's boss.  After Roscoe was barking more frequently than usual Robert went out to bring him in but came in a few seconds later to get his shoes because "I think Roscoe caught something."  Sure enough that handsome devil (Roscoe, not Robert) caught the possum!  Robert got a shovel, killed it (sorry I'm not sorry PETA) and scooped it into a trash bag while I celebrated Roscoe inside with as many Beggin' Strips as I could stuff in his mouth.

Logically, my next thought was how do we sanitize this dog, followed by are we all going to get rabies?!  Luckily Roscoe is up to date on his vaccinations but something still needed to be done about his cleanliness considering he smooches Mila every chance he can get.  Robert and I hauled Roscoe to the bathroom for a bath and I even brushed his teeth (which went over much better than expected). With a human toothbrush and human toothpaste. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

So there you have it folks, he may be the sweetest, cuddliest, humpiest snuggle bug you've every met but if you're a possum, you better watch out!

don't mess with this guy, he means business
Roskie! We love you and we're so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment