Thursday, August 7, 2014

20 Weeks - Nellie



How far along? 20 weeks...the size of a banana!  Halfway done!!!!  
Total weight gain: 5.4 pounds (according to my scale...doc says I've only gained 2!)
Maternity clothes? Just maternity shorts because I can't zip my regular ones
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: I haven't had a good night's sleep since I found out I was pregnant!
Best moment this week:  being in Kansas (currently) to surprise my mom for her birthday!
Worst moment this week: there really hasn't been a bad moment this week!
Miss anything? food tasting as good as it used to pre-pregnancy
Movement: just the quickening (movement that only I can feel); anxious for the kicks to get more prominent so Robert and Mila can feel it
Food cravings: just all my Kansas favs (but that's not pregnancy specific ;) )
Anything making you queasy or sick? nothing yet
Have you started to show yet: there's a little baby bump sticking out now. or at least Robert promises it looks like a baby bump and not a beer gut...
Gender prediction: it's a girl!
Labor signs: no...thank goodness!
Belly button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy unless I am hungry, and then moody!
Looking forward to: spending more time with my family and welcoming all the help with Mila


Dear Nellie,

You have a name!  I had become VERY partial to something else but when daddy threw this one out there I couldn't resist. It perfectly fits our preference for "unique but not too weird" and we just love it.

We have decided that you and Mila will share a room so I am anxious to start working on that.  You will likely share most of the stuff that Mila used and has since discarded but I think it's important to have some things that are only yours as well.

I felt you moving for the first time last weekend and it was a wonderful feeling.  Right now it can only be felt on the inside so it's like a special secret that only you and I are sharing.

Love,
Mommy

To read the post from when I was 20 weeks along with Mila, click here.

1 comment: