Thursday, August 28, 2014

23 Weeks & Dr Appointment - Nellie

I apologize for Roscoe looking like a weirdo

How far along? 23 weeks...the size of a mango!
Total weight gain: 9.6 pounds (yes that's 3lbs in the last week. don't talk to me.)
Maternity clothes? one maternity dress so far!
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: yay for good sleep this week!
Best moment this week:  getting great test results for my Quad blood screen
Worst moment this week: saying bye to Sissy in Chicago and knowing I won't see her until February :(
Miss anything? i'm actually pretty content right now :)
Movement: pretty consistent movement but not a lot at one time
Food cravings: this week I really needed some chocolate. but there was none in the house and I may or may not have cried.
Anything making you queasy or sick? still nothing
Have you started to show yet: the bump has arrived
Labor signs: no...thank goodness!
Belly button in or out? in but still looking REALLY weird
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? happy!
Looking forward to: buying something (anything?!) for Nellie! how have I held out this long?!

I had another doctor's appointment/check up today.  We went over the test results from my Quad Screening, which is the test done to check for Down's syndrome, Trisomy 13, spina bifida and something else I can't remember.  To be considered normal we needed to come in at 1 in 100 and 1 in 250 on each of the tests; the results came back at 1 in 10,000 so that's GREAT news! She measured my stomach and confirmed I'm measuring right at 23 weeks. She also gave me the order for the glucose test (boo) and we talked about pre-registering for the hospital.  Overall, a great appointment!

Upcoming Appointments
9/24 at 11:45am
10/16 at 4pm

To check my stats from this week in my pregnancy with Mila, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment