Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week 3 - Nellie

Unfortunately I can see the realization as to why there aren't as many pictures of the second baby as there are of the first baby!  I think with Mila I was probably taking 847 pictures a day, with Nellie sometimes I forget to take just one (sorry Nellie!).

People have mentioned that Nellie looks more like me, but I don't see it yet. I don't think she looks like Mila though; although Nellie weighed a 1/2 pound more, Mila seemed like such a chunker; I think Nellie is so petite.  Here's a side by side of the two of them, both around the same age, with Nellie on the right and Mila on the left.



Mila has definitely been showing more interest and love for Nellie.  She loves to touch her, rub her belly and give her kisses.  She always makes sure that "sister" is coming too and tells us we need to "hurry!" when she's crying.  She hasn't shown any jealousy so far, is so helpful and much more gentle than I expected.






Last Saturday we had our first road trip, to Palmdale, and Nellie slept the whole way there.  The ride back was another story, though!  She woke up about a half hour from home and wanted to nurse, but we powered through with a crying baby in the car.  Next time we will have to save a bottle for the trip home!



I'm loving that Nellie still has all of her hair!  By this age Mila had lost all of the hair on the top of her head and looked like Dan Aykroyd!  (Looking back at Mila's pictures I definitely need to step Nellie's wardrobe/bow game up!).



Nellie had her first bottle this morning and took it like a pro. We had no issues with her refusing the bottle and she nursed like normal for the rest of the day as well.  I know Robert was SO excited to share in the feedings and Mila crawled right up to help.


"A happy heart makes the face cheerful."  -Proverbs 15:13
this picture looks like her ears are pierced...they're not (sorry Robert!)
I'm still feeling pretty good and recovering nicely, but I can tell when I've been doing too much because my incision will start hurting.  Another weird thing, that's hard to explain, is that sometimes when I eat, afterwards, my insides feel weird.  Like things aren't working correctly to digest my food.  I can't quite explain it...maybe the c-section mamas know what I'm talking about?!  Maybe I'm just a freak?!

No comments:

Post a Comment