Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 3



Papa puts Mila on his stomach to sleep when it's his turn to hold her. Last week he had her laying vertical on his chest/stomach and after a short amount of time she scooted her way down to where she was laying horizontal! So funny!



I tried to have a photo shoot last Wednesday to capture all of Mila's little details but then she fell asleep so I will have to pick up where I left off.


one of my all time favorite pictures


hair bow!


They say sleep when the baby sleeps so here I am...sleeping with my other baby :)



Robert always does a "hoo" noise when he holds Mila and puckers his lips and she has started mimicking his face. It is ADORABLE.


On Friday Robert had training for work and I needed to drop off Mila's paperwork in Cypress.  Afterwards Mila and I stopped by my work so I could show her off there.

All dressed up to go visit Mom and Dad's work.




On Sunday we went to Palmdale for the day so Robert's grandparents could meet their great granddaughter.  We started out the day with brunch at El Toreo (yessssssss) and then went back to Robert's parents to hang out.  Grandma and Grandpa Rodriguez' friend's, Louie and Sue, were also there and they got Mila a little pink Raiders outfit. I can't wait for her to fit into it...heck, I might just dress her in it now!



Daddy, Great Grandma Bunker, Great Grandpa Pops, Grandma Rodriguez


Mila and the grandmas

Mila and the grandpas

 
 
Monday night Robert and I went over to Matt and Aimee's house. Matt and Robert work together and Aimee and I were pregnant at the same time; they had their second daughter, Alyssa, the day before Mila was born.  I forgot to take any pictures of the babies together but here's a cute one of Mila laying on my lap :)
 

Monday night I took the plunge and supplemented my breastmilk with formula. Mila LOVED it.  She was such a happy baby afterwards; it made me feel much better about my decision. I think the thing that made the decision the easiest for me is that I found out that Mila was only in the 38% percentile in weight, which just isn't cutting it.  I wasn't producing that much milk and she wanted more. She sucked down 6 ounces (4oz breastmilk, 2 oz formula) last night when she normally would only get 2.5oz breastmilk. 

As a crazy twist to my breastmilk saga, Aimee had told me that she was able to express more milk from a manual pump than her electric pump; she gave me an extra one she had on hand to try.  Just to remind you, on a phenomenal session of pumping with my electric pump I would get 2.5oz after 20 minutes of pumping.  After using the manual pump last night I was able to generate 5oz in 10 minutes. Insane! So now I have much more milk and don't really need the formula unless it's absolutely necessary. Happy baby = happy mama



Mila has another checkup tomorrow so we will get her height and weight updated then. I think we may have an 8.5lb baby on our hands!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment