Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Doctor's Appt - 25 Weeks

Our doctor's appointment went good today, nothing really new to report.  Baby is healthy and well. When she was listening to the heartbeat she thought there might be an irregular heartbeat but turns out it was just hiccups.

We:
  • got our hospital pre-admission forms
  • discussed what contractions feel like and when to worry about pre-term labor (apparently if I haven't felt a Braxton Hicks contraction by week 33 I will go past my due date). Braxton Hicks: comes and goes, doesn't feel like a menstrual cramp.  Real contraction: stomach tightens like a ball and feels like a cramp
  • discussed whether I am at risk for pre-term labor (I'm not)
  • talked about my glucose test, which I need to have done before my next appointment.  I just assumed I would have it done today but apparently I have to go to a lab, drink sugar water, sit there for an hour and then have my blood drawn.  Let's hope I pass because, if not, I have to go back for a 3 hour screening where they take blood 4 times. Yikes.
  • went over baby kicks, how to count them and to make sure after week 28 I feel them all the time, otherwise I will need to let my doctor know
  • found out our doctor is the one that does the C-section if needed
Good thing I wrote all of this down, it's a lot to remember!

Upcoming Appointments - what can I say, I'm a planer :)
7/11 at 3:45pm
8/1 at 3:45pm
8/15 at 3:30pm
8/22 at 3:45pm
8/29 at 3:45pm
9/5 at 3:45pm
9/12 at 3:45pm
9/19 at 3:45pm
9/26 at 3:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment