Thursday I took out the crying baby doll to introduce to Roscoe, who was not a fan. I can't tell, however, if he doesn't like it because it's a baby and he wants to eat it or if he thinks it's a toy that I won't let him have. Or maybe he just doesn't like seeing baby upset :)
Saturday I did a little shopping and bought Mila's diaper bag (and returned the two others I had already bought!). Everyone kept raving about Petunia Pickle Bottom bags but I just couldn't get past the $150-$400 price tag; but WAIT! My neighbor told me that Nordstrom Rack had them for 50-70% off so I had to check it out. (Side note: how have I never been to "the rack" before?? I'm definitely going to be in trouble when the one they just built down the street from me opens!). There are so many pockets in these bags, they come with a fold out changing pad and have a wipes case built in; plus I like the idea that it wasn't a dorky backpack but that's a messenger-type so you can wear and still have full use of your hands
I also, may
I worked on Mila's closet a little bit and completed an arts and crafts project I saw on some blog. First, I had some Skubb boxes from Ikea left over from when I first moved in with Robert and needed to whip his apartment into shape. Then, I searched etsy for the same fabric family that our crib bedding was made of; finally, I pulled out my glue gun and voila! Beautiful new boxes for the closet.
I hit up Costco and stocked up on virtually everything that we could need for the next couple of months so that we don't have to worry about getting out and buying it once Mila is here and we have bigger things to worry about (like sleep).
I also finished acquiring all of my notes about finding Mila's pediatrician, which, let me tell you is quite the process. Feel free to skip the next couple paragraphs or bear with me as I am writing this because I am sure I will forget it if I don't document it; insurance is pretty complicated stuff!
Mila is covered under my insurance for the first 30 days. This means that I needed to find a pediatrician in Alamitos IPA for her first appointment. At the time of birth Orange Coast will find a pediatrician within Alamitos IPA to check the baby at the hospital; if there's no Alamitos IPA physician available the hospital will just use a pediatrician on call; this should be covered by my insurance because it's attached to the labor. I have decided to use Dr. Samsamy as Mila's pediatrician for the first check up appointment. After she's born I need to call Dr. Samsamy's office to schedule Mila's two-week check up appointment. (If you're wondering why I don't just stay with Dr. Samsamy, it's because he's 75 years old!)
Within the first month I can call my insurance and switch Mila's doctor to someone in the Edinger Medical Group for her two-month appointment. My number one choice was Dr. Valery Brouwer but she doesn't do new patient consultations; the receptionist didn't know if this was because she doesn't have time to do them or if it's because she's not accepting new patients (some receptionist!). My second and third choices were Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Tran but they are both going out on maternity leave in the next month.
I did confirm that Edinger Medical Group DOES have a sick baby and a well baby area and they place newborns in rooms upon arrival to keep them away from the germs. So I have ultimately decided on a group of doctors, which was the first step, now I just need to nail down an actual pediatrician. Fingers crossed for Dr. Brouwer!
Finally, I started looking into childcare on Friday and then spent the rest of the weekend being so stressed out about how much it costs. Seriously, it's ridiculous. Because of Robert's work schedule we will likely only need childcare twice a week, but it would still cost us around $800 a month. $800! How do people afford this?? So say a little prayer that I can find affordable care with a non-child molester/serial killer and/or I don't give myself an ulcer worrying about how we're going to figure it all out.
As you can see, I use my full weekends to myself to get stuff done. SO crazy that there's only one more weekend (in September) where Robert works all weekend; Mila will be here so soon. Last night Robert said that he didn't really think that I had hit my nesting phase yet, I said, what do you call everything I have been doing around the house?! He said, "that's just normal you." Haha, the man has a point.
No comments:
Post a Comment