Robert, Mila, Roscoe and I celebrated our Christmas together on Christmas Eve. First we went to church with my parents and then came back to the house for dinner and presents. Believe it or not, Roscoe was the first one to open a present.
| he got a stuffed lamb and a bone shaped like a candy cane from his girlfriend/next door |
Mila's big item this year was the Bumbo seat, which magically allows babies to sit up, even if they don't know to do so developmentally yet. A funny little story about this is that we got this seat from my sister's mother-in-law at my shower in Kansas City but I returned it (at her great suggestion!) so I didn't have to carry it on the plane with plans to re-buy it once I got back to California. In a freak timing incident the seats were recalled to add a restraint belt so I haven't been able to find them ANYWHERE until recently.
| mommy's favorite gift |
| new outfit from our next door neighbor, Luci |
| pretty new dress from daddy (the first outfit he's picked our for her on his own!) |
| Mila and her new toy from my co-worker, Rosa |
| happy baby on Christmas #1 |
Robert and I also exchanged gifts but we didn't take any pictures because who really wants to see that :)
Christmas morning started out great with Robert, Mila and I all waking up at the same time and spending a few hours together. I started the day by snuggling Mila on the couch, watching the Yule log, listening to Christmas Carols and crying a little when thinking about how much I love my life. I'm such a sap nowadays.
Then the three of us drove up to Palmdale to celebrate Christmas with Robert's parents and grandparents. This is how I entertained myself on the drive up:
Until she fell asleep on me...
We were glad that Mila was able to spend more time with Great Grandma Bunker and Great Grand Pops; they don't travel away from their home much so I am glad they were able to come over for the day. The time they spend with Mila is so important and absolutely precious.
| an adorable picture of Pop checking on Mila <3 |
Mila LOVED the dancing Santa Claus that sang Feliz Navidad! We can't let her forget her heritage!
| SUPER soft blanket from grandma....I need one for myself! |
| Hello Kitty doll from Great Grandma Bunker |
The sweetest gift of the day came from Daniel, Robert's brother. He got her her first doll: a Cabbage Patch doll. And not just any Cabbage Patch doll but the 2012 special edition, which is special since that's the year she was born. I can picture her being a little bit older dragging that doll around just as I did with my Cabbage Patch dolls.
| Tio Daniel and Mila |
We had a GREAT time at Christmas with the Rodriguez'; we all got such great gifts but, more importantly, we had a great time spending the day together.
The Fisher side of our family celebrated Christmas on December 26th because my sister and Bret flew in town that day. We opened presents and then had yummy chili that my dad made and my other sister (Andrea) and second set of parents (Sally & Al) came over to celebrate Christmas as well. It was the first time all of us had been together since my wedding in September 2010.
We all received really awesome presents but, of course, Mila was the star of the show and got the most adorable presents.
| my heart belongs to Kansas onesie from Aunt Sissy and Uncle Bret...you bet it does baby doll! |
![]() |
| red baby Toms from papa and nana! |
Mila's 1st Christmas was a great success; as I anticipated, she was spoiled rotten but I think everyone that bought her something loved buying it more than she loved receiving it! It was a perfect Christmas for me because it was all about family and I got to see all of mine (Fisher/Rodriguez/Brown/Briggs), with the exception of my two grandmas, but at least I got to talk to them so that's better than nothing. As I get older I am beginning to realize it's the time spent with others, rather than the gifts received <3
I know the Christmases will only get better as Mila gets older and understands what's going on but there's something about a baby's first Christmas that just melts your heart.
| first Christmas bib from great grandma fisher |


No comments:
Post a Comment