Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Week 10

Week 10 shall now be known as the week of firsts.  First, last Thursday night Mila slept through the night for the first time!  It wasn't as glorious as it sounds because she was a little restless from 4am-7am so I was ready to pounce on her every time she made a noise but she didn't wake up so that counts as STTN (sleeping through the night....c'mon! stay with me).  But then the next three nights she did wake up so that was lame. BUT THEN came Sunday and she slept through the night again and we are on a three day roll (great. now I've jinxed it); keep your fingers crossed for tonight.

On Saturday Mila had her first diaper blow out. Of course she was in her carseat and only wearing a onesie so it exploded out of her diaper, down her leg and all over the carseat. So that was really awesome. I took a picture of it and sent it to Robert, my parents and my sister; be glad you weren't included in that message thread (it was green and gooey in case you were wondering).

And finally, today Mila had her first little giggle. And I missed it :( BUT Robert was here so that makes  it better.  He tried to get her to do it again when I got home from work but she wasn't having it. I'll be with her for the next 96 hours so I am on a mission to make it happen again.


Such a pitiful little cry; some day I am going to be happy I caught her little cry on video.



Last Friday my work had their Christmas party so I dressed Mila up in one of her many Christmas outfits and took her with me to the office before the party to get a little work done.  She was the hit of the office and the party and was such a good little girl.   On Saturday morning Allison, her daughter Lindsey and I all went to one of our client's tamale making party (I'm increasing my mexi points as we speak); Mila is getting exposed to all the cultures!

this is my favorite picture yet
One of the benefits of taking her out with me to work functions is that there are plenty of people available to snuggle her so I get a break!

with Allison
I found out this week that my grandma Foley is a little under the weather...Mila wanted to call her to tell her to get well soon but it was too late so she made her a note instead :)


warning: baby on bed is not as large as she appears

seriously, she's not this fat in real life


I have been trying to catch Mila cooing on video for the last couple weeks but everytime I hit the record button she becomes as quiet as a church mouse...it's like she KNOWS.


ho ho ho
One of the first questions people ask me is who Mila looks more like, me or Robert. The near-unanimous consensus is that she looks like Robert but all I see is my husband and a baby: no comparison...in the looks department anyways (ba doom chhh).  My mom showed me a picture of me when I was little and I must concur she has my smile, however, then Robert's mom brought down a picture of him as a baby and it was all over. She definitely looks like him as a baby, see for yourself:


You thought I was lying when I said she hated tummy time but she seriously turns into a tomato as loud as she screams and as upset she gets.



Lately Mila has been sucking on her hands like nobody's business because she just found out they existed.  I also think that she's in the early stages of teething because she's starting to suck on blankets too.  (This is a total guess; I'M A FIRST TIME MOM PEOPLE! Like I have any idea what is going on.)


daddy time
Mila has really started swatting at things lately. She beats the heck out of her Sassy Bugs and all of the hanging things on her activity mat.


Here's a video of her laying the smack down...and daddy encouraging it.


with Robert as your dad, things like this happen on the reg

No comments:

Post a Comment