Saturday, December 13, 2014

Letter to Nellie

Our precious little Nellie.  Oh how excited we are to meet you.

You are our last little one and we are looking forward to soaking in all of your firsts because they will likely be our lasts as well.  I can't wait to see what you look like and to eventually meet the little personality that you have bursting inside of you.

Your daddy keeps talking about how he can't wait to snuggle you and says he can't wait to spend his days lounging in his chair with you laying on his chest.  Mila, your big sister, kisses my belly and when asked where you are she pats my stomach.  Since we've gotten out all of the baby stuff she likes to say that it's for her "sister."  It's so exciting that you and Mila will be sisters; you already have a built in best friend and will be close your whole life.  I cannot wait for all of the fun that us girls will have.  Daddy already refers to us as "his girls" and his eyes light up when talking about his family; it's absolutely amazing.

You're not even out of the womb yet and you are already a feisty one.  You have been sitting breech (head up) for a couple of weeks now and we have tried everything to move you but you are just not having it.  Not only will you not move, nothing we try seems to affect you in the slightest.  I think you may be our strong willed child, but that's okay with me.

It's almost time for you to be here and I just absolutely cannot wait. I am so excited but I am trying to relish in all of the kicks (and stomps!) that you have for me.  After all this time I can't wait to hold you in my arms and stare into that beautiful face of yours. It's almost time, my darling, and we couldn't be happier.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment