Thursday, December 25, 2014

Week 1 - Nellie


I can't believe that it's already been a week since Nellie was born, or that today would've been her actual due date!

The first night in the hospital was a little rough because she started cluster feeding immediately and wanted to nurse pretty much the whole night.  This was a little rough since it was our first night back in the game and we weren't used to it!  Since then, though, she's pretty much consistently slept at least five hours at a time and I have to set my alarm to wake up to nurse her.


Breastfeeding is going really well, mostly because I think I am much more relaxed this time around and I know that it does take some work to make it happen.  My milk came in quicker than I thought and Nellie is latching on well.  Last time I started pumping very early and I think that affected my milk supply; this time around I'm armed with experience and know I don't need to have a freezer stocked full of milk!






Roscoe AND Mila are both interested in Nellie but spend most of their time ignoring her.  Roscoe likes to get right in her face and sniff her, which she is not a fan of.  Mila wakes up asking about the baby and likes to know where she is at all times but other than that just continues about her business, occasionally stopping to check on her little sister.


My parents and Robert's parents have both been here to help out and it's so nice to have that extra help since I am recovering from the c-section and to help out with Mila.  Going from one to two kids is a little rough and I can't imagine being a single mom!   Robert has been great again this time around, however most of his time is spent taking care of me, the house or Mila since I can't do much. When Robert and I have been alone this week we've found it's best to divide and conquer, each of us taking one kid.  That seems to be working now....and pretty much confirms we won't have any other kids unless we can hire a live in nanny!!!








Christmas (Eve) at our house was nothing short of exciting, especially seen through a toddler's eyes.  Mila was so excited to open the presents, much more so than about the actual presents themselves! We had to keep an eye on her as a couple times she just started unwrapping any present she could get her hands on.  It's hard to believe this time next year we will have two crazy little things ripping open gifts left and right!  Probably my favorite part has been Mila saying "Feliz Navidad," which sounds nothing like it but sort of like it at the same time; it's absolutely hilarious!



We truly are so blessed.
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment