How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain: 29lbs
Maternity clothes? anything comfortable and cool. and the tighter the better (I've found this makes you look less fat)
Stretch marks? still none! woot!
Sleep: actually sleeping really good lately (knock on wood), but still so exhausted.
Best moment this week: i passed my paraplanner certification mid-term! yay!
Worst moment this week: oh the pain. the difference i feel from last week to this week is a complete 180. I'm retaining so much water that my ankles and my feet are constantly swollen, to the point that they hurt. My back feels like someone came at me with a baseball bat. I wish I could tell you that I am just being over-dramatic, but sadly this is the harsh, harsh truth.
Miss anything? watching football, drinking a pear cider.
Movement: lots of body parts sticking out of my stomach and "flopping" movement
Food cravings: i suddenly love iced tea
Anything making you queasy or sick? still feeling nauseous at night for whatever reason
Labor signs: i may or may not have lost my mucus plug this week (sorry, TMI), which doesn't necessarily mean anything because some people lose. i am still 1cm dilated, the baby is head down and low.
Belly button in or out? half in, half out and a little painful
Wedding rings on or off? i couldn't wear any for a while but I am back to wearing one now
Mood? everyone keeps asking me how i am feeling; the best way to describe it is to say that it feels like i am going on vacation to a a job interview. so excited (vacation) but so nervous and antsy (job interview).
Looking forward to: my work baby shower on Friday :)
Roscoe is busy preparing for Mila to arrive! This book, Just Me and My Little Sister, was given to me on my 4th birthday from my aunt and my uncle; it was only right that it be passed on to him.
Our doctor's appointment went well today. Since I am 37 weeks now, and considered full term, my doctor said she won't stop me if I go in to labor so that's pretty crazy. My blood pressure is still looking good so I can keep working, although I think I may stop working on October 2nd, assuming I haven't had her yet, rather than working right up until I deliver. My B Strep Test came back negative, which is great news, so I won't need antibiotics during delivery.
I had another vaginal exam today and, unfortunately this one hurt! She said I am still 1cm dilated but the baby is much lower this week; I am also partially effaced so that's good news. In order to get to my cervix she had to reach around the baby's head so this exam was MUCH more uncomfortable than the last one. She did say that next week she may stretch out my cervix (OWWWW) and break my membranes (what?!), which will help her shoot for a 39th week delivery because that is the optimal time to have the baby. Obviously she can't guarantee that will jumpstart labor and she won't induce me until my 41st week.
She said that the baby is so low that I probably won't drop any more, which is kind of disappointing because, even though she is lower, she is still sitting so high and it's hard to breathe. I asked if the baby was a good size and she said that she estimates that she is normal size (not too big or too small) and, if I go to my due date, she will probably be about 7-7.5lbs. She said my weight gain has been great and I am measuring right at 37 weeks so she doesn't think Mila will be too big.
So, looks like things are right on track. I can't believe there are only 18 more days until my due date. She will be here in no time!
Upcoming Doctor's Appointments (ahh! there are only TWO left!)
9/19 at 3:45pm
9/26 at 3:45pm
No comments:
Post a Comment