Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Favorite Things

I read a lot of blogs.  And on these blogs people always list their favorite things; granted it's usually after they have the baby and it's all baby supplies/gadgets/gear but i thought people might care about my favorite things that I have discovered recently that you probably need to buy.

Snoogle - personally, i would have called this a snoodle (snuggle nooodle) but no one asked me :) this is hands down the best thing I have purchased for the pregnancy. it may even be the best thing i have purchased in life.  ever. this thing is amazing; part body pillow, part snuggler, part lifesaver.  The only negative is that sometimes it does feel like there are three people in our bed, but Robert knows better than to complain...if he did he would be the one to have to move to the guest room! Seriously. Doesn't this girl look so happy?


L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture hair conditioner - if you buy one thing on this list, make sure it's this one.  A friend of mine from work brought me a sample and said that she leaves in on her hair overnight and then washes it out in the morning. I tried it and had the softest, most conditioned, tamest hair IN LIFE.  it makes such a difference in the quality of your hair.

Anti Stretch Mark Regime - I may have gone a little overboard when it came to my anti-stretch mark regime, but I wasn't taking any chances.  I can't promise that this will work for everyone but I like to think that it's the secret remedy.
  • Burt's Bee's Mama bee belly butter
  • Avon Skin-So-Soft
  • Palmer's Massage Cream for Stretch Marks - Concentrate
  • Vasoline Cocoa Butter Oil (I mix this with regular lotion)

Breathe Right strips - these things are AWESOME! As a lifetime allergy sufferer I have spent many allergy seasons so stuffed up come bed time that I can't breathe, let alone sleep. I always thought these things were geared more towards snorers but I started using them to breath when I got pregnant and couldn't take allergy medicine. it may be my imagination but they LITERALLY clear me up the second I put them on my nose.  Bonus: when you pull them off you can check to see if you had any blackheads, so consider it a sleep aid AND Biore pore strip in one!

Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy - there are a bagillion pregnancy books out there; I'm pretty sure I own half-a-bagillion.  This is the best one I have read; not only do you have the breakdown of what is going on week by week but it also tells you what to expect during childbirth, bringing baby home, and much more.  I was sold on this book when I found out it had a section on how to introduce your dog to your baby and a detailed checklist of how your labor coach (HUSBAND) was expected to act during childbirth. If I don't lay it out there for him, who knows what will happen.
No Crease Hair Ties - I received one of these in my birch box and was instantly obsessed.  Not only are they cute enough to wear as a bracelet, they are meant to be used as hair ties that don't get caught up in your hair OR crease it if left in your hair for too long.  Some places charge $12 for 5 but I found this site where you can get them for $1 a piece. I think they would also be fairly easy to make but I am not confident enough with my knot-tying capabilities to try.



Maxi Skirt from Old Navy - you NEED to own this. I bought it last week and it's soooo comfortable. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but it's really long but not to the point that it drags on the floor. And yes it's just normal clothes, not maternity clothes; I wouldn't do that to you fools.  It also comes in grey and black and white. I probably need to go buy it in every color, that's how much I love it.



Blogs - I read these two blogs religiously.

http://www.modgblog.com/ - sometimes this girl is a little much but posts like this one make me laugh out loud and I think we would be friends if I lived back east.


http://andeelayne.blogspot.com/ - I only recently started reading this and, once you get over how freaking cute this girl is, she has some really cute ideas for fashion, recipes, home decorating, etc


.

No comments:

Post a Comment