Tuesday, September 18, 2012

California Baby Shower(s)

Being from Kansas City I don't have a TON a friends and no family (except for Robert's family and Andrea's mom, dad and brother, which I consider my own) in the area. That being said, the people that I do have in my life out here are absolutely amazing and made me, Robert and Mila feel so special.  It's hard being so far from your parents, sister and best friends but I am so touched, and lucky, by all of the people we do have in our lives.

There were not one, but TWO, baby showers thrown for us out here in California.

The first one was in August and thrown by my boss' wife, Catherine, and my very dear work friend/mom, Allison. It was held at my boss' house and it turned out so great.  Pretty much everyone I am close to in California was there and I even handled being the center of attention pretty well :)  I cannot believe all of the AMAZING gifts that we received.  Sadly I didn't get a TON of pictures, everyone was having too much fun!


Look at that awesome diaper cake from Allison and her daughter, Lindsey
Robert's parents (left) and their best friends, Shanda & Bernie

Robert, two of his best friends (Ross and Garret) and my boss Geoff
My second mom & dad (Andrea's parents, Sally and Al), my mom and Catherine, Geoff's wife
My second shower was this past Friday and was thrown and attended by all of the women at my work. It was such a fun day, we definitely need to do things like this more often and get all of the girls together.  We cut out of work early on Friday and headed over to Gigi's house for some of the most delicious food I have had in a while (it was a potluck, my fav!), as well as delicious champagne and pomegranate margaritas....I had lemonade, which was good, but not AS good :)  Surprisingly, there weren't that many shower games at my first two showers so I welcomed the games at this one...and they were good ones! We played a Price Is Right game where we had to guess the prices of different items, a guessing game of how many tootsie rolls were in a jar and a very tricky game of trying to find safety pins submerged in rice while blindfolded.  All of the games were a riot!

Look at all this DELICIOUS food and all these presents!

Me with Beth, Giorgina and the hostess with the mostest, Gigi

Allison, Tami and Beth with their Price is Right scorecards...Allison won!

All of the wonderful ladies from my office...so lucky to work with such a great group of women!

We are still amazed by how generous everyone was. We truly know what it feels like to be loved and this little girl is one spoiled little lady. This just goes to show you that your family doesn't always consist of blood relatives, some of your family is the people you choose to have in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment