My little Mila,
I found out I was pregnant with you on January 29th, 2012. My friends, Jet, Shantelle and Leondro were out here celebrating Jet's birthday and as soon as I dropped them off at the airport I went and bought a pregnancy test. I already had a feeling I was pregnant and the test just confirmed it. Daddy was at work that day so I had to wait hours for him to get home to tell him (don't worry, I got it all on video!). This was the best news we had ever received. We are so excited for your arrival, our little miracle. We haven't even met you yet and you are so incredibly loved, not only by us, but by everyone in our lives. You are one lucky girl.
It's still hard to believe that you are going to be born soon and that you will be a perfect creation of Robert and me.
We are anxiously scrambling around, awaiting for your arrival, trying to make sure that everything is perfect. Your dad and I are trying to take advantage of our last few days together, just the two of us, before our life changes forever. At this point I think we are both such bundles of emotion, from excited to nervous and everything in between.
Your dad is so excited for you to be here. You should see the look on his face when we talk about you or someone brings you up. He has been so involved with this pregnancy, from coming to all of the doctor's appointments to having a say in everything that goes into the nursery; this is one of the benefits of being the first born. I may be biased, but you have the best dad in the world; he is going to teach you so many things and I can't wait to see him interact with you. I have seen him with a couple babies since we found out I was pregnant and I can't wait to see him holding OUR baby. I can't imagine him ever being happier than he is right now but I know that will happen in just a matter of time.
There are so many things I can't wait to do with you. Even though it's many, many years away, I find myself thinking about all of the things we will do together one day as mother and daughter. We will get manicures and pedicures, look for prom dresses and, one day, wedding dresses. When I work weddings at the Hyatt I find myself tearing up watching the father/daughter dance because one day I know that will be you and your daddy.
We are so excited for you to arrive, baby girl. This is just the beginning of the rest of our lives.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment