Hellllooooo third trimester! Bring on the wine! (JUST KIDDING)
Total weight gain: 20.5 lbs
Maternity clothes? 90% dresses, maternity and non maternity
Stretch marks? still none!
Sleep: have been sleeping pretty good these past couple of days
Best moment this week: my baby shower in kansas city :) :) :)
Worst moment this week: i found out my glucose test came back elevated. boo.
Miss anything? sitting in the sun, drinking a pear cider. still.
Movement: much stronger kicks this week
Food cravings: none
Anything making you queasy or sick? nothing new
Have you started to show yet: yep
Gender prediction: it's a girl!
Labor signs: none yet
Belly button in or out? still in :)
Wedding rings on or off? on...although they are getting a little tight at different parts of the day
Happy or Moody most of the time? happy
Looking forward to: having nothing going on this weekend
Today we had another doctor's appointment and, overall, things are good. I did find out last Friday when I got off the plane in Kansas City that my glucose test came back elevated so I will need to do the three hour test :( I found out today, however, that my test came back at a 140 and my doctor's cut off is 140, what are the chances, I just barely missed the mark. So now I will need to go back to the lab and they will draw my blood after fasting for 12 hours and then I will drink a double dose of the sugar water I drank last time (if you haven't had this you're not missing out). Then blood will be drawn after one hour, two hours and three hours. Keep your fingers crossed that this test comes back normal or I will have to do all kinds of gestational diabetes things (which I obviously know nothing about right now).
Other notable items from the appointment:
- I am slightly anemic so I was told I need to eat more medium rare steak (barf) and take an iron supplement (that will make me constipated...awesome!) that is also not covered by my insurance (just keeps getting better, right?!)
- Before getting pregnant I was a stomach sleeper and I read online that it would become uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach long before it was bad for the baby, however, it's still not uncomfortable and I'm in the third trimester so I was wondering if it was a bad thing or not. My doctor, though, said sleeping on my stomach is great for the baby because of the increased oxygen flow as long as it's not bothering me. Yay! Bring on the good sleep!
- My doctor is going to write me a note so I don't have to work at the Hyatt anymore while pregnant. It's too hard to be on my feet for 6 hours, and I can't even imagine working there at night after I've already worked during the day. I still plan on going back after Mila is born, but we will see how it goes (although I can't imagine giving up my hotel discount!)
- I'm measuring at 29 weeks (which is only a week bigger than I actually am...much better than the last appointment where I was measuring four weeks bigger, ahh!)
8/1 at 3:45pm
8/15 at 3:30pm
8/22 at 3:45pm
8/29 at 3:45pm
9/5 at 3:45pm
9/12 at 3:45pm
9/19 at 3:45pm
9/26 at 3:45pm
No comments:
Post a Comment