Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mila's Nursery

FINALLY I got the call on Friday that our crib bedding was ready! I left work and could barely contain my excitement on the way to pick it up.  Once it was in my possession I couldn't wait to get it home to put the finishing touches on the details of the nursery.  It didn't even bother me (too much) that the fitted sheet (which is supposed to be the polka dot fabric) and the rocking chair cover (grey fabric with the vertical stripe fabric as trim) weren't ready yet; I took what I could and hustled home.

I didn't think that the crib bedding would make such a difference in the room but I definitely think it pulls it all together! 

Here is what you originally see when you first walk in (ignore the folded grey blanket over the rocking chair, I am trying to make it look like it will once the rocking chair cover is done):


Ahhhh! Look at that pink chandeleir!  Cuteness overload!  I think this is my favorite part of the nursery.



Here's a view from over near the rocking chair looking at the opposite corner of the room.  I originally kept seeing this crib on one of the many blogs I read and loved how dainty and feminine it looked; I also loved the crisp whiteness of it.  Ironically, this is the exact same crib that Robert had when he was a baby (I'm sure his was tough and masculine, though) so I like that coincidence.


Here's the changing table station with a great bible verse, Mila's 3D pictures and a picture of Robert and I on the shelf above. The little container on the far right of the shelf is a Sigma Kappa glass candy jar that I have filled with pacifiers.  The baskets on the middle shelf of the table are holding diapers (in the left bin) and the others will be used for other baby items (wipes, aspirator, lotion, etc.).  All of the baby blankets go on the bottom of the changing table.


Here's a close up of the bible verse I bought off of Etsy and had printed at Kinkos. Love that I was able to replace some of the "yous" with Mila's name.



This mobile that is hanging above the crib was a last minute decision. Also ordered from Etsy, I couldn't decide if I wanted it or not. I am SO glad I bought it because I love how whimsical it looks.


I originally saw the whole letters in the frame idea on Pinterest and knew I wanted to do something similar. I like the way our looks with the same size letters and different size frames.


Ta da!  Our crib bedding!  It turned our just as amazing as I imagined it would be. 



So eventually we will have a fitted crib sheet in polka dots (like the bow in the picture above).


Of course we had to incorporate Mila's big brother into the room!


Another Ikea purchase; this is the perfect option for storage and also works well as a place to set bottles, milk, books, pear ciders, phones, etc. while rocking the baby.


LOVE this quote. And that is my piggy bank from when I was growing up; only appropriate that Mila has it as well :)


Every Fisher girl needs a reading nook in their house and, thanks to my sister's great shower idea, I have so many great books to start her library with! 


It's all in the details.  As with the owl above and the light switch plate cover below, I searched Etsy for the name of the crib fabric I chose and found some really great pieces to tie the room together.


Here's a look at how I organized the closet.  I took Ikea Skubb boxes, bought some fabric in the same "fabric family" as our bedding and covered the boxes. Ta da, now everything matches!


After receiving all of the adorable clothes from my KC shower, though, I promised to post a picture of Mila's current clothes stash.  Keep in mind that I still have two more baby showers to go to as well!  When I say this little girl is going to be the best dressed in the neighborhood I'm not exaggerating!


So there it is, our pride and joy, blood (ok, no blood) and sweat for the past couple weeks.  I couldn't be happier with the results; pretty much all we're missing now is the little baby that belongs in here.   A huge thanks to the most amazing husband in the world for painting the room by himself, for all the Ikea trips he endured and the assembling of the furniture. I've got a good one :)

Also, I had mentioned that Roscoe has been starting out the night going to bed in Mila's room; well now sometimes during the evening (around 7pm-9pm) he will disappear (which is SUPER unusual because normally he never leaves our side) and when we go to look for him he will be Mila's room laying on the floor, sleeping. I literally just took this picture two minutes ago:


Love.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the room:) Also love the name Mila! So sweet to have puppy already "protecting" your precious child soon to arrive:) The Bible Verse is so neat!!! So excited for your family!!

    ReplyDelete