Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Vacations

Mila isn't even born yet and she's already a traveling fool.

In April, I flew to Houston to for my best friend, Shantelle's, birthday.  At this point I wasn't showing so no one could really tell I was pregnant (everyone who didn't know probably wondered, though, how Shantelle was friends with a girl who didn't drink!) so things were pretty much the same as they had always been. I was even able to stay out until the bars closed at 2am!


In May, Robert and I took a much needed babymoon to Scottsdale, Arizona to relax and have one last vacation together, just as the two of us, before Mila is born.  We spent the weekend laying out by the pool, eating yummy food and enjoying each other's company. 


In June, Robert and I met my parents, sister and brother-in-law in Hilton Head, South Carolina for our annual family vacation.  We had booked this trip before finding out I was pregnant so it was nice that the destination is known for it's laid back, relaxing atmosphere.  The guys played a lot of golf, the girls did a lot of shopping and I think I might have had ice cream every day.


In July, I flew home by myself for my Kansas City baby shower.  Other than the temperature being 104 degrees for two of the days I was there, it was a great trip. I spent a ton of time with my family and my best friend, Whitney, which is exactly how I wanted the trip to go. 


Sadly, the trip to Kansas City will be my last trip before baby; I was told I couldn't fly after 28 weeks and today I am flying home from KC at 27weeks, 6 days, so I pushed it right down to the wire.

I can only imagine how hard it will be to travel with a newborn/toddler/child, but I know we will keep up this fast paced, jetsetting life, even after Mila is born.

More shower pics to come when I get back to HB!

No comments:

Post a Comment