Tuesday, October 9, 2012

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: Newborn

These are the few things that are currently saving my life and that I could not live with out.

Medela HydroGel Pads - I originally didn't buy these because they are expensive ($14.99 for 4 pads; you use two at a time and they are only good for 24 hours).  However, after the first couple of days of breastfeeding my nipples were so sore and on fire that I NEEEEEEEDED these so I sent Robert to Babies R Us to pick some up (he went with Garret, but that's a whole other story!). 
SwaddleMe Wraps - these are a LIFESAVER. No matter how good of a swaddle we put Mila in with a regular blanket within 5 minutes it is loose and falling off.  These wraps are ridiculously easy to use, she can't get out of them and they make her look like a little burrito.  She sleeps so much longer at night when in one of these; that, my friends, is priceless.


Lanolin Cream - this cream is amazing for sore, bloody, cracked nipples. pretty sure every new mom already knows about these but it helps my goods.
 
 
Medela Pumping Bustier - another thing I didn't originally buy because I thought it was expensive. However, after my first pumping session where I had to just sit there holding the pump for 20 minutes I knew I had to have one of these.  A friend just told me, too, that you can cut holes in old sports bras and it will get the job done.
 

 
Nursing Tank - my current favorite piece of clothing, I only have one tank right now but I wash it like every day so I always have it to wear. As soon as I can venture out of the house on my own I will be hitting up Target to buy at least two more.

Belly Band - I bought two of these when I was first pregnant so I could continue wearing my non-maternity pants but they are also good for post-baby as well.  I now wear them around my stomach (under my bra) so I can pull up my shirt to breastfeed and not have my stomach showing. No matter how much or how fast you lose the weight, no one (mostly me) wants to see a squishy belly.


Aden & Anais Receiving Blankets - I first heard about these from Shawna's sister, Nellie, and then their mom bought us some for a baby present.  These are my favorite baby item. They are so lightweight and have so many uses (swaddle blanket, blanket to keep warm, nursing cover, etc.), plus they are super cute.

DVR - the new rule in our house is that the DVR is a free-for-all.  No longer do both Robert and I have to be together to watch a show; if you're awake with the baby at 3am and need the Real Housewives of Wherever to get you through the next hour, have at it. Just make sure you don't delete it before the other watches it or there will be serious consequences.



Sleep - enough said. too bad you can't bottle this and sell it. i would pay millions.



And my number one favorite thing that gets me through the day:



No comments:

Post a Comment