Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from our little pup!


It was so fun celebrating Halloween with Mila this year.  She is SUPER into ghosts and pumpkins and especially spiders.  I don't know what's going to happen after we have to put all the decorations away...the spider might have to stay out year round!

We went to the pumpkin patch last weekend and she couldn't stop talking about the "horseys."  Robert and I were shocked that she actually wanted to ride the ponies but that was her absolute favorite of the day (and month I think!).


Robert told me that we could go ahead and carve pumpkins with my parents while he was at work but I think he was being sneaky because approximately two minutes into the carving Mila was over it and we ended up doing all of the work.  She wanted nothing to do with the "guts" and seeds but was SUPER excited about the end result.  I picked the happy face pumpkin and she picked out the mouse.


Thursday night we painted Mila's pumpkin at our house with daddy.


Friday (Halloween) my mom's group had our 2nd annual Healthy Halloween Potluck Brunch at the park and I was able to sneak away from work for a little bit to attend.  Mila was kind of a hot mess by the time I got there because she was ready for a nap and already asking for her paci but we were able to sneak in one quick picture with the whole group (we're on the far left).


with Kerry and Kira
When I got home from work I took Mila to another pumpkin patch by our house (sadly there were not "horseys" there and I heard about it the whole time) but it wasn't as good as the first one we went to as there were lots of height minimums that Mila didn't reach yet. Luckily I was able to sneak her on to a couple rides.


Later that night it was time for trick or treating and Mila COULDN'T have been more excited.  We set up shop in the driveway as we do every year; except this time we had my dad's chili and I was minus a cocktail.


Mila didn't understand that she had to wait to go trick or treating and thought she could just eat all of the candy that we had to hand out to our trick or treaters.


We told her we couldn't go until it got dark and there were other kids trick or treating too.  She kept running to the end of the driveway every five minutes to look for other kids and once she saw them she was so excited to head out.  We probably went to about eight houses and everyone thought she was adorable; she wasn't even scared about going up and knocking on the door and saying "treat!" and even said thank you after they dropped the candy in her bucket.

When we got back to our house she had even more fun handing out the candy to all of the kids that came to our house.  They would walk up the driveway, she would say "trick or treat" and then give them the candy; it was adorable.  Once the kids would leave she would say, "more? more?" and couldn't wait for the next group to come. At one point she ran to the edge of the driveway, held up two pieces of candy and yelled "candy! candy!" as if to make sure that everyone knew they shouldn't skip our house. Precious.

The night ended with Mila having consumed way too much candy (my three piece limit flew right out the window), working through a crazy sugar high and then crashing an hour after her normal bedtime. Overall a great Halloween!

P.S.
Dressing up for Halloween when you're pregnant is kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment