Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mila Update - 26 Months


Where did our little girl go?!  Half the time I look at her and she looks like she's five! Thankfully the other half of the time she IS still our little girl.  I'm not ready to give any of her baby qualities up yet....well maybe diapers.  Mila still isn't potty trained but some days she will want to sit on the potty and will actually go; and she almost always tells us after she poops, so at least we're headed in the right direction.

Mila is so fun to be around at this age.  She's talking all of the time and is VERY interested, and adamant, about doing things on her own.  She likes to say "Mimi do it" or "my turn!" when she wants to try something on her own.  When she is done trying she will then say "Mommy do it;" it's quite cute.   Unfortunately this has also led to her taking and grabbing things, pulling it to her chest and saying "MINE!"

She still amazes me with how well she naps and goes to bed at night, some days even coming up to Robert or I and asking for her paci and to go to bed; it's quite amazing.  She is still eating pretty well too, although she has discovered cookies, cake, ice cream and dessert so she loves to ask for that all of the time.  Her favorite food right now is macaroni and cheese so if you ask her what she wants for dinner she will shout "cheeeeeeese!"



She remembers more than I can believe, whether it's places we've been before (every time we drive by the frozen yogurt place it's "ice cweam? pweeeease?") or routines (on Thursday mornings sometimes Robert brings us home a bagel and apple juice; this morning he walked in and Mila said "bagel and juice?!") or just things that she is learning.


Sadly today was Mila's last regular day at Kerry's house as I am not off work on maternity leave and then Mila will start preschool in the spring. We are so lucky to have found someone that treated Mila like her own daughter and loves her so much.  It really does take a village to raise a child and we will forever be indebted to Kerry for the impact she had on Mila and to Kira for being Mila's very first best friend.  I know it's not the end of Mila and Kira but it's still sad that they won't be see each other three days a week anymore.

I think Mila has either forgotten that Nellie is in my stomach or she thinks she is never coming out as she ignores my stomach most days and only acknowledges it when someone asks where the baby is.  She did see me folding Nellie's clothes the other day and told Robert they were for her sister, so that was adorable.  She is going to be such a great big sister, so helpful and sweet.  It sounds so cliche but she adds such joy and happiness to our lives.  No matter how tired or sore or cranky I am at the end of the day she always makes me smile. I am so grateful for our family.



To see more photos and videos from October and November, click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment