What a whirlwind this past week has been. We left for the hospital as a family of 3 (don't forget about Roscoe!) and came home a family of 4.
The first couple days took a little getting used to and Mila was wanting to feed all of the time because I only had colostrum in my breastmilk. She preferred being held throughout the night so neither Robert or I were getting much sleep on the first couple nights. We started a "shift" cycle so one of us would stay up with her while the other slept.
Roscoe has been great with her. He is interested in her just enough to sniff around but not enough to really care. He was up with us every time the first night so he was dead tired for the next couple of days. On the second night, though, he came in our room to sleep and as soon as she started crying he got up and came out to his bed in the living room to sleep; he'd had enough!
 |
| Nana's first time holding her granddaughter |
 |
| horrible picture but she is wearing one of my onesies from when I was born |
I can tell that Roscoe is a little jealous of her but that's to be expected. He has spent a lot more time in bed the last week than I have ever seen him. I am not sure if that's because he's not getting a lot of sleep or if it's because he's semi-depressed.
 |
| Skin to skin snugs |
 |
| Auntie Court came to visit on Friday as soon as she got back from her trial up north |
Is it bad that all of my days are running together and I separate her days based on her outfits?!
Even though all of the clothes she is wearing are newborn clothes (up to 8lbs), she still swims in most of them; which isn't a bad thing because that means she gets to wear all of them!
 |
| first family photo |
 |
| bendy baby |
 |
| Papa snuggles (love this!) |
At first it was a little hard because she didn't want to sleep (or lay) anywhere but in our arms. We have since been able to put her in her car seat, bassinet and crib, which is great.
 |
| Roscoe needed some mommy time too |
Sunday was Robert's birthday. We BBQ'd with our parents and Garret and Courtney on Saturday; it was a very low key, but perfect day.
 |
| Happy birthday daddy! |
We tried to go on our first walk on Sunday night. Note to self: feed her before going on the walk or she will scream her head off the entire time (and of course all your neighbors will just happen to be in their yards at this time).
 |
| Sally and Al came to visit their pseudo-granddaughter |
 |
| First time napping in her crib |
Breast feeding is no joke. Mila latched on right away but had such a powerful suck, and there wasn't much colostrum, that I thought she was going to rip my nipples off. It has gotten a little easier since my milk came in, only because she now only needs to eat every 2.5-3 hours, rather than every hour or so; but still, I would be lying if I said it was all unicorns and rainbows. It's amazing (and a blessing) how hard the milk knocks her out; I am hoping she will be sleeping through the night in no time.
My parents have been over every day since they got out here and have been a big help. They've been running errands, making dinner, helping out around the house and spoiling Mila, of course! It was great having Robert's parents stay with us on Saturday night as well because we were able to work his mom into our shift cycle so Robert and I could get our own, much needed snug time.
 |
| happy nana |
Robert has been AMAZING throughout everything, from the pregnancy to the labor/birth to taking care of Mila. He has seriously blown my mind with how helpful he has been not only with Mila, but in taking care of me and the house, chores and errands. He is so smitten with his little girl, it absolutely melts my heart.
 |
| baby snugs. my favorite time with her is right after she gets done eating. |
 |
| yes they are |
 |
| love! |
Tears in my eyes. So jealous I'm not there. What a beautiful blessing! Love you guys so much.
ReplyDeleteSusan